Construction of the Plant was started in 1993. Its first line of the capacity of 2000 tons per day was complete and it started production in 1996. Erection/installation of second line also of the capacity 2000 tons per day was started in 1997, commercial production started with effect from 1st July 2003. The plant was designed by M/s Tianjin Cement Design & Research institute, China and was supplied by M/s China Building Material Industrial Corporation (CBMC) and local Machinery was manufactured by Heavy Mechanical Complex (HMC) Taxila, Pakistan.
Total Capacity of the plant has been enhanced by another 1000 tons per day, by which the capacity comes to 5000 tons per day w.e.f. February 2006.